WORLD ROBOT OLYMPIAD
World Robot Olympiad Association is a non-profit organization. All revenue from sponsorships and fees is invested in support of our mission, which is to promote robotics in STEM education worldwide.
World Robot Olympiad aims to bring together young people all over the world to develop their creativity and problem solving skills. We do that by organizing challenging and educational robotics competitions.
World Robot Olympiad is dedicated to:
- Offer young people the opportunity to expand their horizons through exploration of robots and robotic systems.
- Widen the view of young people and encourage them to be our future scientists, engineers, makers and inventors.
- Help young people acquire 21st century skills like creative thinking, cooperation and communication.
- Help introduce the concept of modern science into educational activities.
- Promote robotics in STEM education worldwide.
- Bring together young people from all over the world to measure their skills and have fun at our annual international final.
FIRST LEGO LEAGUE
Tomorrow’s innovators practice imaginative thinking and teamwork. Guided by adult Coaches, FIRST LEGO League teams research a real-world problem such as food safety, recycling, energy, etc., and are challenged to develop a solution. They also must design, build, program a robot using LEGO MINDSTORMS® technology, then compete on a table-top playing field.
It all adds up to tons of fun while they learn to apply science, technology, engineering, and math concepts (STEM), plus a big dose of imagination, to solve a problem. Along their discovery journey, they develop critical thinking and team-building skills, basic STEM applications, and even presentation skills, as they must present their solutions with a dash of creativity to judges. They also practice the Program’s signature Core Values.